amazon addiction
I doubt I'm the first author or editor to blog about this but I keep checking amazon to see the ranking of Meeting Across the River (MATR). It's like playing the stock market. One moment you're up, then you're down. Then up again. At least so far, there has always been an "up again."
One thing that makes it both easier and, in some ways, even more gratifying/depressing, depending upon up or down, is publishersmarketplace.com, a very affordable site which gathers information for the publishing community. One of their features is the ability to track books. I have 5 or 6 books I'm tracking, and what that means is that I can see, with the click of a mouse, the ranking of my book but also the ranking of the other books I'm tracking, and the rankings are both for amazon and bn.com.
So sometimes MATR is ahead of the other books and that's a great feeling because all of the other books I'm tracking are good but a couple are actually quite successful. Of course, often it is NOT ahead of the other books.
It's up there with instant messaging and talking on the cell phone as an electronic age addiction. Come on, you know what I'm talking about. You do it too!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home